September 19, 2013

How's That Embracing Simplicity Going?

My personal theme this year has been "Embracing Simplicity". 

“Embrace love and compassion with all your spirit. Understand that they never hurt or offend, they just heal and empower.” Steve Maraboli

Embrace the simple things, I have.

I am learning to make the most of every opportunity. 
I am learning the art of being in the moment.
I am learning to Just Be. 
Not only Just Be, but embrace just being Me.
A wife.
A mother.
A daughter.
A sister.
A friend.

These are roles as worthy as any other.

Embrace the moment.
Embrace the day.
Embrace my season in life.
Embrace my strengths and even my weaknesses.
Embrace the good times.
Embrace the big or the small.

“The longer I live, the more I realize the impact of attitude on life. Attitude, to me, is more important than facts. It is more important than the past, the education, the money, than circumstances, than failure, than successes, than what other people think or say or do. It is more important than appearance, giftedness or skill. It will make or break a company... a church... a home. The remarkable thing is we have a choice everyday regarding the attitude we will embrace for that day. We cannot change our past... we cannot change the fact that people will act in a certain way. We cannot change the inevitable. The only thing we can do is play on the one string we have, and that is our attitude. I am convinced that life is 10% what happens to me and 90% of how I react to it. And so it is with you... we are in charge of our Attitudes.” -Charles Swindoll

I am learning to embrace every season for it shapes, molds, contains blessings, teaching moments & prepares us for the next.

“You can clutch the past so tightly to your chest that it leaves your arms too full to embrace the present.” -Jan Glidewell

With that said, as we are heading into fall...
Instead of looking at the long winter which follows I am enjoying all that Fall brings right here & right now.

Harvesting!

Time spent with my girls cooking and baking!

APPLES!!!! Apple pie, apple muffins, applesauce, apple butter, apple crisp.

Best little helpers on earth!


Zucchini Muffins

Just Be. Take time for Oneself!

Fall Sports!!!


Chilly nights which makes for fabulous snuggle weather.
Warm meals.
Chili, stew, soups, dinners that make you go Mmm.
Pumpkin spice.
Apples & Cinnamon.

I'm trying to take time to appreciate every little thing.

There is a time for everything,
    and a season for every activity under the heavens:
    a time to be born and a time to die,
    a time to plant and a time to uproot,
    a time to kill and a time to heal,
    a time to tear down and a time to build,
    a time to weep and a time to laugh,
    a time to mourn and a time to dance,
    a time to scatter stones and a time to gather them,
    a time to embrace and a time to refrain from embracing,
    a time to search and a time to give up,
    a time to keep and a time to throw away,
    a time to tear and a time to mend,
    a time to be silent and a time to speak,
    a time to love and a time to hate,
    a time for war and a time for peace.

~Ecclesiastes 3


P.S. And I love tv and watching my shows at the end of the day...Thank you God for Fall & my television line up beginning soon!

No comments: