January 29, 2015

Homemade Body Butter

Homemade Body Butter
1 cup Shea Butter (organic/fair trade)

1 cup Coconut Oil 

Place into double boiler pan 



Turn on low to medium heat 
 
Melt
 
When Shea butter and coconut oil are melted, remove from heat and add 1/4-1/2 cup of avocado oil (Can use apricot, jojoba,olive or almond oil too)
 
Stir all ingredients and let cool in bowl of ice water. Place in Fridge for a couple of hours, until white and firm.

Begin whipping hardened mixture.
 
Add 10-15 drops of essential oil. I added lemongrass because that is the same scent as my deodorant. Lavender is another favorite oil of mine to use.
 
 I like to add my EO drops after I begin mixing. 
 
1 cup coconut oil
1 cup shea butter 
1/3 - 1/2 cup avocado oil
10-15 drops essential oil of your choice

Melt coconut oil & shea butter in a double boiler pan
When all melted remove from heat
Add Avocado oil
Chill in fridge until firm
Whip
Add essential oil drops
Finish whipping


ENJOY!!

No comments: