December 1, 2011

What's for Dinner?? (Lasagna Soup)

I made this for dinner tonight and it was absolutely DELICIOUS! Like always I did some improvising and a little of my own thing. No measuring as usual which drives people nuts when it comes to trying to share the recipe.

Original: Lasagna Soup

1 ground sweet italian sausage (browned)
3 cloves garlic, minced (I used garlic powder)
1 onion, chopped 
1 (32-ounce) container chicken broth
1 (15-ounce) can tomato sauce (I used a ginormous bulk size Contadina brand sauce Probably around 64 oz or more)
1 (14 1/2-ounce) can petite diced tomatoes (I didn't use, but did do a TON of sauce ^^)
1/2 teaspoon salt (I used seasoned salt)
1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper & I added Penzey's smoked paprika also (BEST spice ever!)
4 ounces broken whole-wheat lasagna noodles (about 4 noodles) (I used macaroni noodles because it's what I had)
1/2 cup chopped fresh basil (No fresh basil anymore on hand at my house so I used a garlic powder/basil mix by McCormick)
3 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese (You gotta do the fresh stuff & grate it yourself & come on, only 3 tablespoons? No way. Don't ever go easy on the cheese)


I added half & half too, just cause I felt like it!
Shredded mozz for the top
I also added brown sugar to the soup...no idea how much
And then I did some little sliced french baguettes in the oven with butter & garlic...Mmmmmm

No comments: